Renewed Public Service Health Care Plan Positive Enrolment Reminder
Tuesday, June 13, 2023
The long awaited renewed Public Service Health Care Plan (PSHCP) that we announced to members last year will be coming into effect on July 1st, 2023. As previously announced, the Canada Life Assurance Company (Canada Life) will be the new provider.
The transition from Sun Life to Canada Life as the PSHCP plan administrator will also take place on July 1, 2023. Members will need to take the following steps to maintain coverage:
- Update and maintain personal information, including address, banking and dependant information, with the current PSHCP administrator, Sun Life, until June 25, 2023
- Continue to submit claims for eligible expenses incurred prior to July 1, 2023, to Sun Life
- Complete positive enrolment with Canada Life before June 30, 2023
- Submit all claims for expenses incurred on or after July 1, 2023, to Canada Life. Members with Comprehensive coverage, living outside of Canada, should submit claims to MSH International as of July 1, 2023.
To ensure a seamless transition with no interruption to coverage, members are asked to keep their contact and positive enrolment information up to date with the plan’s current administrator, Sun Life until June 25, 2023.
Members with an account on the Sun Life PSHCP Member Services website are asked to sign in to review and update their positive enrolment information.
Members who do not have an account online are asked to contact the Sun Life PSHCP Contact Centre at 1-888-757-7427 (toll-free in North America), Monday to Friday from 6:30 am to 8 pm EST, to confirm their positive enrolment information. If changes or updates are required, they must submit a positive enrolment change form. Members can access the form by visiting the Sun Life PSHCP Member Services website and selecting Updating your positive enrolment information or by contacting the Sun Life PSHCP Contact Centre.
The following information cannot be updated through the positive enrolment process:
- member’s last name and date of birth
- type of coverage, including hospital provision levels
To update information that cannot be changed through the positive enrolment process, members can contact the Public Service Pay Centre or their departmental compensation services. Retired members can contact their pension office or the Government of Canada Pension Centre.
Once positive enrolment has been completed, members must create an account on the Canada Life PSHCP Member Services website to access their personal information, PSHCP benefit card, and as of July 1, 2023, submit online claims. Public service employees who already have an account with Canada Life for their Public Service Dental Care Plan (PSDCP), do not need to create another account for the PSHCP. They can sign in to their existing PSDCP account using their username and password to access their PSHCP information.
Also, as of July 1, 2023, MSH International will be the new out-of-province and out-of-country health care provider. Members who have Supplementary coverage and are travelling outside of their province of residence and members who have Comprehensive coverage and are living outside Canada can submit claims on the MSH International online portal or by mail.
To submit out-of-province or out-of-country claims, plan members must have:
- completed positive enrolment with Canada Life
- provided consent to the release of their personal information
For more information, members can:
- visit the New Public Service Health Care Plan (PSHCP) administrator frequently asked questions web page
- visit the Canada Life PSHCP Member Services website
- contact the Canada Life PSHCP Member Contact Centre (see below)
Canada Life PSHCP Member Contact Centre
Monday to Friday, 8 am to 5 pm, member’s local time
MSH International Contact Centre
North America: 1-833-774-2700 (toll-free)
International: 1-365-337-7427 (collect)
24 hours a day, 7 days a week