- primarily to promote the improvement of the conditions of employment of its members;
- to negotiate, as the exclusive representative of Crown Counsel, with the Employer and applicable departments and agencies with respect to all matters affecting terms and conditions of employment including compensation;
- to promote equity, diversity and inclusion and the elimination of systemic barriers in the workplaces;
- to promote and protect the well-being, health and safety of members in their workplace;
- to represent and assist Crown Counsel in employment-related matters;
- to promote the common interests, concerns and public contribution of Crown Counsel and the AJC;
- to recognize and promote the bilingual and bijural nature of Crown Counsel work;
- to promote the professional and career development of Crown Counsel.
To seek and promote justice for our members and Canadians.
By this, we mean the following:
- To improve the ability and capacity of federal government lawyers to be the best they can be when delivering legal services for the benefit of the Canadian public;
- To work collectively to support and promote the proper administration of justice and respect for the rule of law;
- To raise public awareness of federal government lawyers and the work they do for the benefit of all Canadians.