If I have not used all of my annual vacation leave for the current fiscal year ending March 31, 2022, will this unused annual vacation leave also be cashed out?
Vacation leave which was earned but not used in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2022, will be cashed out if a member is carrying over vacation leave in excess of the seven-week limit. This cash out is in addition to the 20% cash out of excess vacation leave. The same process applies to each fiscal year covered by the MOU.
- Lawyer B has ten weeks of vacation leave in their bank as of March 31, 2022, which includes one week of annual leave which was earned in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2022, but was not taken.
- The excess vacation leave is three weeks, or 15 days (i.e., 10 weeks – 7 week carry over limit).
- In the fiscal year commencing April 1, 2022, Lawyer B will receive a cash out of three days of vacation leave credits (i.e., 20% of the 15 days of excess leave credits).
- Because Lawyer B did not take one week of vacation leave earned in the fiscal year ending March 31, 2022, that one week of vacation leave will also be cashed out.
- In total, Lawyer B will be cashed out for eight days of vacation leave, leaving a balance of 42 days (8 weeks + 2 days) in Lawyer B’s vacation leave bank.